Monday, April 23, 2012

Flower of the Day - A Rose After the Rain

I was caught off guard today by rain.  I knew there was a storm coming in later this week, but the worst predicted for today was a 10% chance of rain and "partly cloudy."  About 3am, I heard my 14 year old cat, Rocky, meowing to come in.  When I let him in he was damp-ish and I could hear the rain falling gently outside.  It has rained lightly and misted all day.  I love this weather......especially as it is a treat here in California. I thought of a picture in my flower collection that will work perfectly for today.  It is another rose, the Rosomane Janon.  It is quite a hoity toity rose and even has its own web page!  It was created by two gentlemen, one from France -- Dominique Massad and one from New Zealand --  Jocelen Janon.
Website:  http://www.rosarosam-event.info/ 
They developed this rose and this is how they describe it:
'Rosomane Janon' is a rose with an average height, not taller than 1 meter, with a green matt foliage and is very resistant to diseases.It bears perfumed flowers with a cupped form, reminiscent of some Bourbon roses, which repeats through the season.The colour is a light yellow infused with green 'Chartreuse', tinting itself with a pink colour which becomes darker as the flower opens.
Click on the photo for the best view.

Enjoy and until tomorrow, I will say "Bon soir."

1 comment:

  1. Add "good writer" to your many talents..I love your blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete