Friday, April 20, 2012

My Favorite GENIUS Ideas of This Week

Have you ever noticed how some people don't see things as trash but something to be re-purposed?  My Dad was that way, he would reuse discards and make the most clever things. I haven't come up with the dozens of ideas that he did, but I can definitely do it with clothing and jewelry.  Here are some ideas that I saw this week that are my favorites.



1. Now isn't this smart?  How many times have you needed a chip clip?  How many times have you tossed one of these hangers in the trash?  Here is the perfect solution!  Cut the clips off of the plastic pant or skirt hanger, and you have chip clips!
2.  This looks like your average four poster bed, doesn't it?  Oh no, it is a DINING TABLE turned upside down, put onto short wooden legs, with finials added to the bottoms of the table legs, and repainted.  Et voila --a four poster bed. This table was of a smallish size and fits a toddler or a large dog.  Find a larger table (maybe one with a leaf) and it could  be a larger bed.  If I were going to use the leaf idea, I think that I would first glue the leaf into place with wood glue.  Then I would purchase 2  1"x4" boards, at least 3" shorter on each end than the length of each side of the former table top. Then glue and screw the boards onto the length of the table.   This should stabilize the leaf section to the table, making a stronger bed base.   Then I would attach the new feet.  Can you imagine it painted white with a frilly canopy for a young girl?  My younger daughter would have been in heaven!  CLEVER!
3.Hose Holder!  It is a former tree branch nailed onto a fence and used as a hose holder!  SMARTY PANTS.
4.Punch holes into cupcake holders, insert straws and use to keep bugs out of drinks at a back yard picnic or BBQ.  I didn't think of it, but I know a good idea when I see it.  This would be especially good in those areas where there are yellow jackets and those other pesky flying varmints.
5.  Last, but definitely not least of this weeks favorite ideas.  Have you ever needed to fill a bucket, and only had a shallow sink?  Here is an excellent solution -- faucet, dustpan = bucket filled!

I will never cease to be amazed at the ingenuity of the human brain, and people's abilities to problem solve.  I will try to do this every Friday, maybe I'll call them Clever Friday Fixes. I would love to hear your comments and/or questions too, so leave them in the "comment" section and I will get back to you.




2 comments:

  1. I love these ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl -- thank you. You are my first blog comment!! I will have to think of a prize! YIPPPEEE!

    ReplyDelete